Friday, November 1, 2019

Week 11: Registration

Hey guys!! This week I want to talk about one of the most stressful and competitive parts of college: registering for classes. So not many people know, but the more completed your degree plan is, the earlier you get to register because you get priority - so again, get ahead! My registration is next Wednesday, and even after planning my whole schedule out I am so scared. My schedule isn't ideal because I have Friday classes and back to back classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so they will be really hectic, running around campus all day. A lot of people have different preferences on how they plan their schedule. It's great how we can create it any way we want because we have the freedom to, but there's a lot to take into account. There is a lot of cost benefit analysis that goes on with registering. Some people focus on specific professors, others focus on timings of classes. I have a balance of both. I am not a morning person at all, like I literally cannot wake up and get out of my bed, which is why my earliest class next semester is probably going to be at 10 so that I can wake up at like 9:15. Even though that is still early for me, the class I want to take at 10 is taught by a really good professor. Doing research on who to get for specific classes, especially if they have a reputation of being really hard at UT, is important because after all, your GPA is key. Pro tip: downloading UT Registration Plus can help with grade distributions based on professors, reviews, past syllabi to see if the class is appealing, and other resources that can help you make your decisions. Do not take morning classes because it gets harder to wake up for them as the semester goes on because literally no one has motivation or energy. Everyone is so drained. Registration is very stressful, but don't worry, as you get older it gets easier. The worst is freshman orientation registration, but once that is out of the way everyone kind of does their own thing and figures out their path so it is less competitive. Good luck registering and do your research so you don't have to drop the class later.

No comments:

Post a Comment