Thursday, December 5, 2019

Week 15: The End (of the semester)

Y'all!!!! It's the end of the semester, this is literally it!
I am in the process of finishing my exams and projects right before finals week, and just looking back at this journey has been crazy. I don't think I expected myself to grow so much as a person and be so happy being on my own. Of course I miss home, but I have realized that I am okay with being in Austin. I am actually kind of sad, way more than I thought, about the semester ending. It's weird how every semester feels like the end of the year because your whole schedule changes every 5 months, unlike high school. I enjoyed the process of adjusting and actually learning about myself. I realized the type of person I am, who I want to surround myself with, and what my goals are academically. The plan for next semester is to hopefully be able to internally transfer, which is a process, let me tell you, it actually sucks; but, I will get through it. College is literally so hard, but it is also so much fun. I usually take so much longer to be happy with where I am in life, and I usually realize it after it is over, so I am grateful that I was able to figure out this is what I want. I am glad I chose UT to be the school I attend, the opportunities and lifestyle here is so different from any other college, and I wouldn't change it (except for the amount of stuff we constantly have to do). I love being busy, but like your girl needs a break because right now, things are not it. Also, speaking of break, can we talk about how winter break is literally 5-6 weeks long, like WOW! I am so ready:). This semester has been amazing, and I am so happy. Thank you guys so much for being on this adventure with me, I am so glad I got to document my first semester of college because I know I will look back at it and reflect. College changes you but in my case, I think for the better. You get to learn so much, so just be open-minded and enjoy your time because you won't ever get it back. I hope you guys have an amazing adventure in your college years, have fun and be well. Thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment